Upgraded Leaf Spring Diff Housing Kit & Axle Package
This Product is our Heavy Duty Diff Upgrade for 70 Series VDJ V8 Landcruiser With Leaf Rear Suspension. The JMACX upgraded diff housing also has an engineered certified axle load rating of 3000kg and this is the most important part, don’t be fooled by high stated axle load ratings that don’t represent real world use. 3000kg more than exceeds the vehicle’s capabilities that are required without going to a 6×6 conversion. JMACX are the largest manufacturer in the world for Landcruiser differentials, supplying to armoured and heavy vehicles around the world.
These Diffs are to correct the track to match front diff, as factory units are 100mm narrower.
- Stronger 6mm fabricated Housing with increased axle tube trusses and 6mm brackets with Chromoly spindles which are far stronger than the OE items;
- Full CNC machine finished to guarantee trueness and straightness of finished product;
- Full float heavy duty axles;
- Sway Bar Compatible;
- Factory Electric Locker Compatible;
- Direct Bolt In (No Mods Needed);
- Corrects Vehicle Track to match the front of your 2007+ 70 series;
- Comes with extended brake line & handbrake extensions;
- Heavy Duty Chromoly 2 piece axles with drive plates, stronger than factory axles;
- Package comes with: 1 x Upgraded Diff Housing – Standard Powder-coated (Black),1 x Upgraded Axle Kit – Full Float Axles, 2 x Drive Plates, 2 x End Caps, 1 Kit x Extended Brake Line & Handbrake Extensions.
- Extras needed for Installation: 1 x Diff centre gasket, 2 x Genuine Toyota axle seals, approximately 3½ litres oil (as per OEM spec);
- 100% Australian Manufactured.
“Is the Diff available for my standard leaf spring V8 Landcruiser?”
Yes JMACX manufactures a leaf diff and axle upgrade kit that addresses increased axle load rating, track correction and stronger axles.
“Can I install it myself?”
Yes and certification for this can be supplied directly to your certifying engineer or department of transport.
“What about Engineering?”
All installations will require engineer inspection and certification for each vehicle. JMACX will supply LB2 documentation for the diff upgrade directly to your certifying engineer or department of transport.
“How much will an Inspection and Mod Plate Cost?”
Between $300-$500 (engineer dependant)
“Does the kit contain parts that are custom and maybe difficult to find if I’m in the middle of nowhere?”
No, the diff housing maintains all OEM brakes, seals and hubs. You can obtain replacement and service parts from Toyota directly or any parts supplier.
“What if I break an axle?”
JMACX axles are the strongest production manufactured axle for Toyota Landcruiser available. If one is broken they can be sourced directly from JMACX or one of JMACX’s approved facilities Australia wide.
“How long does it take to install?”
The Leaf Diff installation can usually can be completed in 5-6 hours.
“Can I have a Custom Colour?”
Yes our diff housings come powder-coated black as standard but you can choose a different colour from the Dulux powder-coat colour chart for additional cost, please contact us for more information.
“Does the new Wide Track Diff correct the rear vehicle track?”
Yes, its 100mm wider to match the front wheel track.
“Will it affect my insurance?”
No, usually as long as it is engineered certified. But it is up to each individual to check with their insurer (generally insurers only require the vehicle to be legal and certified).